Regulatory Compliance

Hey guys…opening this topic for the team to share how they are ensuring regulatory compliance for both the Advanced staking as well as Panther Core! Team kindly comment

2 Likes

From the Team:

When Panther started there was no VASP license or regulatory pressure on DAOs.

Then Gibraltar legislation made it impossible to launch the protocol from there, which is where Panther Ventures and the Foundation are setup.

So we looked at UAE, and then saw they have draft VASP legislation which is outright repressive for anything privacy related, so the subsidiary setup there had to be wound down.

And then we were looking at BVI, but they’ve just introduced VASP legislation. When we say the legal compliance landscape is challenging it’s not rhetoric.

We are evaluating ways to launch the dApp and host the front end.

2 Likes

Thank you. Communication is key here.

Can El Salvador be a country convenient for launching a panther?

1 Like

I wonder if there is any update on this topic yet? @Team?

So far it’s just us here Buddy…I only see Zork and Mike sending a message or 2 for namesake…I really don’t see why this forum is necessary :man_facepalming:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

You are right :slight_smile: I will ask Joris

After advance staking users will come in masses, let’s see how will the participation will fluctuate after Ad staking debut.

2 Likes

We will host an AMA session with both of Panther’s Co-Founders to discuss everything regarding Legal/Compliance. Will keep you posted.

4 Likes

Is good topic!

I am going to think about this and V1.0 launch

2 Likes

We could think that some KYC usecases when accessing the protocol in order to prevent malicious funds entering the Panther ecosystem like what happened with Railgun and Tornado.

2 Likes

Yes like article: https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/24/north-korea-linked-hackers-behind-100-million-crypto-heist-fbi-says.html#:~:text=different%20blockchain%20networks.-,The%20FBI%20also%20said%20that%20the%20North%20Korean%20cyber%20actors,anonymity%20of%20people%20moving%20cryptocurrency.

1 Like