Should we reduce the 72hour voting period for future PIP's?

Currently it is set to 72hours and it runs even though quorum is reached.

It has been suggested that we should change this in the future after PIP-9, any thoughts on this matter?

3 Likes

No I don’t think we should. Yes, it is annoying with the current proposals as we all agree on them and it feels like time wasted.

However, we should be mindful of proposals which may be controversial, malicious or require more time for people to do a deeper dive into what is being proposed. For these reasons, I think 3 days is already quite short

1 Like

If we reach the quorum, the voting process should end. Providing flexibility while voting simultaneously.

1 Like

If a quorum is reached with a majority of the votes for a proposal, I see no need for the voting to continue, as consensus will have been achieved and can’t be overthrown with the opposite vote?

3 Likes

true, if the quorum is reached, then there is no point in waiting for the end, it should be considered fulfilled by a majority of votes

1 Like

I agree, with your argument.

1 Like

Those who have been here since the public sale, should be granted an augmented weighting power during any voting process. In order to avoid any Whale in the future to jeopardise ZKP future.

3 Likes

Wouldnt it be good see the results at the end of the voting period not during the voting period? Something like real world election systems.

1 Like

30 hours, can be an efficient compromise.

I think we should take note that it took us until the 3rd day to get the final votes in… So perhaps in some instances reducing the hours may not be the best option - unless the quorum requirement is also changed.

1 Like

closing the vote on reaching a quorum is a sober decision, I think, since the consensus is considered to have been reached.

2 Likes

Agree on this argument.

1 Like

I agree that we still have a lot of proposals to adopt, on this, I think we should complete the quorum vote.

1 Like

Based on recent votes we can combine multiple items into a single PIP also.

1 Like

great idea, I support it, it will speed up the bureaucratic process

1 Like

Closing the vote when quorum is reached will be good but not to reduce the voting hour. So it gives time for awareness and participations

1 Like