It’s Friday again, and it’s time for our weekly mini-update. Here’s everything that transpired at Panther this week.
- First of all, PIP-11 was implemented successfully Advanced Staking for $ZKP is now live at https://ipfs.io/ipns/pantherprotocol.eth/#/…, and all requested upgrades have been executed. This includes the ability to view the APR without connecting your wallet.
- Btw, v0.5 is only a few weeks old, and it’s already showing great promise! Check out these usage stats:
$ZKP staked on #Ethereum +43M
$ZKP staked on #Polygon +35M
Total $ZKP staked in Panther v0.5 +79M
Percentage of ZKP tokens that are contributing to building a ground-breaking privacy-preserving network: +32%
- While a small group of Panther contributors continues to work on v0.5’s interface and front-end components, most technical resources have been shifted to v1’s development. The latter group has been primarily concerned with allocating time and resources after detailed planning.
- Another significant breakthrough has been to define a working fee structure for v1 that can make the protocol sustainable in the longer term. This design also influences other game-theoretical and economic components, such as rewards for the protocol’s users.
- While planning has been mostly completed and some components are already designed, the development will reach full speed midway through February. Needless to say, we’re thrilled.
- Co-Founder Oliver Gale also recently participated in a talk about the FTX scandal and its impact on the Caribbean with industry experts. Listen to him sharing his insights on a proper framework for blockchain operations and economic opportunities.
- Business owners can no longer ignore privacy regulation. Oliver also breaks down why privacy regulation should be on every centralized or decentralized entity’s radar in his latest Forbes piece.
- Panther was included in a spot-on overview of the web3 privacy market! As the document reads, “The general privacy use cases are just on the horizon. 2023 will be a year of general privacy applicability”.
Check out “Privacy market outlook in Web3 by Mykola Siusko”.
The Panther Protocol Team
About Panther Protocol
Panther Protocol is an end-to-end privacy protocol connecting blockchains to restore privacy in Web3 and DeFi while providing financial institutions with a clear path to compliantly participate in digital asset markets. Panther provides DeFi users with fully collateralized privacy-enhancing digital assets, leveraging crypto-economic incentives and zkSNARKs technology. Users can mint zero-knowledge zAssets by depositing digital assets from any blockchain into Panther vaults. zAssets flow across blockchains via a privacy-first interchain DEX and a private metastrate. Panther envisions that zAssets will become an ever-expanding asset class for users who want their transactions and strategies the way they should always have been: private.
Be sure to check out our Whitepaper