Panther Governance framework proposal

Any progress on this topic?

1 Like

we’re stuck here how do we get this off the ground?

We are still waiting for he proposal draft

Right now we are working on finalizing the Panther DAO Council line-up as the framework discussion above is as good as finalized.

These two will be published together, on a proposal draft here on the forum once the conversations with the (potential) DAO Council members are finalized so that the $ZKP holders can vote on it. We have some very experienced candidates who have different backgrounds, qualities and viewpoints which we see as very valuable for the Panther community, the DAO and the protocol.

5 Likes

I saw the message on the Panther Telegram group and I think that the DAO Council members should indeed be elected for a period of 6 months. If one of these council members is inactive as in not voting on the proposal drafts then the other council members should be able to discuss this and look for a possible replacement after a consensus with the rest of the Panther DAO members.

2 Likes

Thanks - feel free to put this onto the proposal.

I would also like to bring up the idea of introducing a Panther DAO operations contributor in order to streamline the process between the DAO Council itself and Discourse (other DAO members).

We can see something similar at developer DAO: P-7: Formalizing our Developer DAO Operations Team - 👩🏽‍⚖️ Proposals - Developer DAO

I think that the Panther DAO does not need an entire ops team as for now. The purpose of the DAO ops contributor would be to support and enable DAO contributors and DAO Council members during the proposal process in order to make proposals more readable, trying to achieve quicker communication between different contributors and more. Ideally, this would be an active Panther community member with good writing skills.

1 Like

Good day, Panthers!

I will be honored to apply for this important for Panther DAO role, and will faithfully fulfill my responsibilities to the Panther community!

2 Likes

Dear Panther community,

I am hereby publishing the Panther Governance Framework and DAO Council proposal: PIP-14.

First of all, a special thanks to @ToXiC_eHC, @Praetorian, @Hodlerboi and @Wisdom for your contributions to the discussion(s) during the last few months as well as @Black322 for wanting to help the Panther DAO Council nominees & the Panther community from a communication and proposal perspective.

I wanted to say that I am extremely proud of the DAO Council nominees as their expertise will be very valuable for the Panther DAO, the community and the overall project. Please feel free to review the proposal. Before PIP-14 can be pushed onto Snapshot, some adjustments to the Snapshot namespace config need to be applied so it could take a few days before the $ZKP holders can vote on the above. Once again thanks everyone for pushing Panther forward.

5 Likes

PIP-14: Governance Framework and DAO Council

This proposal covers a set of processes and methods as a next step forward in Panther’s road towards decentralization. Furthermore, this proposal covers the introduction of the Panther Protocol DAO Council. The purpose of this proposal is to improve the DAO’s Governance Framework and make it more suitable for high level, decentralized, decision making as discussed by the community on Panther’s discussion forum [1] [2].

Finally this proposal executes the Community Deployment Rewards as stated on PIP-13.

Summary

This proposal serves the purpose of making the Panther Protocol more decentralized. This will be achieved by:

• Installing a DAO Council who will review Panther Improvement Proposals (PIPs) and decide if they will be pushed to Snapshot by verifying if the proposal draft is aligned with the mission, vision and values of the Panther DAO. The purpose of the DAO Council is to prevent requests that are out of budget, and those that do not meet the scope and roadmap of Panther as well as spam request proposals moving to Snapshot.
  • Turning an implicit Governance Framework into a transparent set of guidelines and rules, voted in by the Panther DAO.

The identities of the DAO Council nominees are available in the proposal’s description section.

Background

During the last few months, the Panther community has discussed the Panther Protocol Governance Framework in order to define workflows and realize a diagrammatic representation of Panther’s Governance process. Because of these efforts, a set of rules and guidelines are now defined and proposed as can be seen on the Panther Governance Framework flow diagram.

Description

If this proposal passes, the Panther Protocol DAO will have three council members who will be responsible for carrying out the review process within the Governance Framework for PIP submissions and labelling them based on the results of the review process as described in the DAO Governance Process. A majority vote made by the Council Members will decide if a proposal draft is being approved for voting or being rejected because it breaches the DAO Governance Rules and Values.

The following DAO Governance Rules and Values are proposed:

• Panther’s mission is to provide privacy to an innately transparent system. Enabling confidential, trusted transactions and interoperability in Decentralized Finance (DeFi).
  • Panther’s purpose is to build and accelerate the development of private scalable blockchain infrastructure for Web3.
  • Panther’s vision of the world where people have access to Web3 products and services while preserving their privacy and protecting them from surveillance and maintaining composability with DeFi protocols.
  • Panther does not sacrifice security for innovation.
  • Panther stands for process and decision transparency, where every one of them is openly shared with the community.

The following three community members are proposed as DAO Council members:

1. Santiago Velez: Co-Founder & Division Lead (R&D) at Block Digital Corporation, VP of R&D at Sindric Solutions, LLC Former Nuclear Engineer, VP of UWUA L590 Engineers Union and Panther Protocol user.
  2. Jillian Godsil: Journalist, Broadcaster, Influencer, CEO, Writer, Former European Parliament Candidate, Law Changer, Panther Protocol user & early contributor.
  3. Debra Farber: Host of The Shifting Privacy Left Podcast, CEO, Principled LLC, and Advisor to the PrivacyTech Rise, Privado, the Institute of Operational Privacy Design, and XRSI.

The DAO Council will be installed for a period of 6 months, after which the community is to nominate a new list of council members. DAO Council members can be re-elected by the community. Furthermore it is proposed that the Panther DAO Council will have an operations contributor who will support the DAO Council review process and streamline the communication process between the Council and the proposal draft initiators.

This proposal does not impact or change the DAO Veto Council as mentioned on the LaunchDAO proposal. The signers of the DAO Multisig as defined on point 8 of the launchDAO proposal remain valid and are not affected or influenced by this proposal and could be put up to vote through another, separate proposal.

Proposed actions

The following actions are proposed:

1. Approve the DAO Governance Process as stated in the Background section of this proposal.

2. Approve the DAO Governance Rules and Values as stated in the Description section of this proposal.

3. Approve Debra Farber, Jillian Godsil, and Santiago Velez to be the members of the Panther DAO Council in accordance with the Governance Flow Diagram as shared in the description section of this proposal.

4. Send the deployment rewards according to the points 1, 2 and 3 of the ‘’Community Deployment Rewards’’ section of PIP-13, namely:

4.1) The distribution of 2000 $ZKP towards the following address for deploying the updated front-end (v0.5.3) onto IPFS:0xE1B583De9cB37196031b771686734a31ec365768
4.2) The distribution of 6000 $ZKP to the following address who executed the blockchain transactions to deploy and configure the smart contracts on the Ethereum Mainnet and Polygon network:0xE1B583De9cB37196031b771686734a31ec365768
4.3) The distribution of $155.19 USD in $ZKP tokens @ $ZKP=0.02460 USD) as a gas fee compensation for the community member who executed point 4.2.

The $ZKP/USD rate as mentioned at point 4.3 will be updated on the day that this proposal will be published on Snapshot. The Huobi ZKP/USDT pair shall be used to define the amount of ZKP equivalent to the gas fee compensation. By doing so, it is proposed to implement a coefficient of 1.2 ($186.23 USD) in order to compensate for possible overheads and volatility.

Participation

Please vote to accept or reject the proposed actions detailed above.

Voting power is calculated by Snapshot.org taking a snapshot of the number of $ZKP tokens staked per holder at the block within which the proposal was created.

7 Likes

AWESOME!! finally :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:

good! :+1: :smiley:

Candidates are impressive

This looks great and the proposed members are super!! Well done.

1 Like

I don’t know English, but maybe it’s a good thing!

Tremendous and extremely important work was done to achieve and expand almighty decentralization!

Well done, I approve the governance framework proposal. Further the DAO Council members have the expertise & experience to valuate each future proposals safeguarding Panther vision.

1 Like

The progress is impressive, the room given for the addition of other council member is a good one

I support a good choice

I just applied minor changes to the PIP-14 draft: the DAO Veto Council as stated on the LaunchDAO proposal has been mentioned and the ‘‘Proposed actions’’ section has been polished.