PIP List on MEXC and add additional DEX liquidity

I think those are the next thing the community want

DEX liquidity and CEX liquidity make sense at this time. PVL can act under instruction to pursue listings and liquidity.

6 Likes

Thank you @Originalolii, we will try to get the wheels rolling.

1 Like

Agreed. Seems like the community and PVL are aligned in this matter :+1:t3:

2 Likes

letā€™s implement our plans ahead!

2 Likes

I think that 100K USD liquidity for DEX plus MEXC listing is good on proposal. Will be good for ZKP so it is easier to buy

1 Like

Hello community members, I hereby give you the PIP-11 draft:

PIP-11: Pursue MEXC Listing and increase Uniswap Polygon USDT/ZKP liquidity.

Author: Toxic Entity

Through this proposal we want to give Panther Foundation Limited authority to spend +/- $300k for the MEXC listing ( These funds are to be used on listing fees, marketing costs, and liquidity/market making costs, and should be pulled from Foundation funds) and an additional $100k for Uniswap USDT/ZKP Liquidity which was discussed by the community 1) PIP-11 List on MEXC and add additional DEX liquidity & 2) Panther CEX Listing Discussion

Motivation

The Panther community has asked for additional exchange listings. Through MEXC and additional DEX liquidity we hope to improve the trading experience. Both MEXC and additional DEX liquidity concern the Polygon network.

Rationale

1. Fairer prices for buyers and sellers on MEXC due to improved trading volumes on the exchange.

2. Expose Panther to a large audience of potential traders.

3. Reduced Slippage for DEX based trades.

4. Higher trader volume and market stability.

5. The main intrastructure for Panther is on polygon currently therefore it only makes sense to have the option to withdraw on polygon from MEXC.

Proposed actions

The following actions are proposed:

Give the Foundation authority to:

1. Earmark up to $400000 of Foundation funds for listing fees, marketing costs, and initial liquidity / market making funds for listing on MEXC and the Dex.

2. Complete due diligence questionnaire for MEXC.

3. Sign listing agreements and transfer the funds.

4. Determine the best date in the future to list $ZKP, create a marketing plan, and announce and promote the listing accordingly.

5. Engage a market maker to manage the liquidity and trading.

Timeline

The community would like The Foundation to aim to execute most of the tasks before the end of January 2023.

Source of Funds

The listing fees, marketing expenditure, and requisite liquidity should come from the Foundation budget.

Participation

Please vote to accept or reject the proposed actions detailed above.

As per the existing DAO governance structure, you need to hold $ZKP, staked or not, on the Ethereum Mainnet or Polygon to participate in voting.

Voting power is calculated by Snapshot.org taking a snapshot of the number of ZKP tokens per holder at the block within which the proposal was created.

5 Likes

I support this decision to implement a listing on MEXC and increase liquidity on DEX letā€™s do it!!!

2 Likes

Just going to leave a few comments here.

First up. Panther is still PRE-PRODUCT. Paying for anything is dumb because its all speculation still and its probably skirting securities laws when there is zero use cases but the foundation is paying money to pump the token and get people to buy it. Just stop. Until product is released nothing should be done at the foundation level to attract new users.

Second, MEXC is a third tier exchange where most of the volume is wash trading. Panther will get ZERO benefit from listing there. Most of the fees go to marketing (pre-product lol) and also to market making. Market makers borrow tokens from the foundation to create a market. They then sometimes have a profit sharing splitā€¦ or they just keep all the money to themselves.

We are already listed on Huobi and no one trades there. Why do you think another CEX listing will change that. Such a waste and bad leadership who doesnā€™t understand how to grow and build.

Weā€™re not in the 2018 bubble anymore. Paying for listings is a net negative.

My suggestion. Use the 400k to create a ZKP-FRAXBP pair on Curve.fi. Frax is the second largest stablecoin in the world and has the tightest deviation against all other stables. FRAXBP is the second largest meta pool on Curve Fi.

FRAXBP has a liquidity incentive program where the FRAX protocol will vote for all pairs proportionally to the size of the total FRAXBP.

We essentially distribute the CRV+CVX revenue back to FRAXBP metapools proportional to the amount they help us by pairing with FRAXBP. This is ā€œrev shareā€ on the project level between DAOs. And so far it has been incredibly successful

Our goal is to slowly move over yes, but the amount of incentives we give to the other fraxbp metapools is proportional to the size of each metapool compared to the total fraxbp TVL. For example, if fraxbp has $1B TVL and a metapool has $20m TVL, then 1% of our fraxbp Votium bribes go to that metapool since $10m/$1B=1%

If the current LP was fully invested to onto curve, LPs would get 5% APY with no extra incentives from Panther.

FRAX will also add a ZKP-FRAXBP gauge which will allow people to lock up their LP tokens for a year in exchange for higher rewards. This will build ZKP liquidity for the Long term.

The main point Iā€™m trying to make is that its much more efficient to incentivize onchain liquidity rather than a predatory market maker off-chain who is not working in Pantherā€™s best interest. Market makers work to make money for themselves. WE CAN DO BETTER.

5 Likes

Such acts could create additional risks for the project and iā€™d not delegate that decision to the community. There are lot of additional aspects that should be considered and are known to the CEO only. So I think @Originalolii decision should be final in this case

3 Likes

Excellent initiative, however, some points I believe are risky given the current market conditions. $400k is a high amount, as I mentioned in previous messages, I still think itā€™s better to have a more complete product before a new listing.

We currently have a stake pre-product, maybe after the release of V1.0 it will be better to attract a new audience. Well, thatā€™s just my opinion, let the majority decide! I am happy for everyone participating and bringing suggestions.

2 Likes

This is good, but letā€™s wait for the contributions from others who havenā€™t participated on this yet

For me personally, MEXC ticks all the boxes.

Enabling withdrawals on Polygon would massively lower the barrier to entry for anybody looking into the project. Ethereum withdrawal fees can be scandalous at times, also the idea of bridging seems to perplex many in the Telegram group.

Additional DEX liquidity sounds good.

I am in alignment with this proposal.

6 Likes

I approve with no reserves, the PIP-11 draft.

2 Likes

This is a good proposal in principle.

I see value in a MEXC exchange, I do, however, have concerns about the listing agreements. The community should be aware that MEXC (and most CEXs) have almost arbitrary rights to delist tokens. The macro regulatory and liquidity outlook for crypto means thereā€™s a real risk of not meeting volume requirements without demand driven by protocol utility. Security designations across the industry may also result in delisting.

From my position, I think a FRAXBP pool worth further investigation.

A MEXC listing is a calculated bet to make at a reasonable cost ceiling.

Thereā€™s also merit to waiting until production Panther to consider any listings, CEX or DEX.

7 Likes

Good morning all, so this thread seems to be now undecided or at least having doubts.
So the question is do we put it up to a PIP vote or do we decide here to wait for better market conditions or for V1?

In fact we could actually put up a vote like this ( Multiple Choice )

MEXC + DEX
DEX Only
Do Nothing Wait For V1

2 Likes

Understand that this isnā€™t just a listing for a listingā€™s sake. It means withdrawals on Polygon, avoids the pain of high withdrawal fees, high staking fees, bridging fees etc., lowers the barrier to entry for many people.

Arguments about Panther being pre-product are fair, however, Huobi is doing the community absolutely no favours. I would disagree with comments about wash trading on MEXC, I use the exchange frequently and am yet to see it. I see it on the ZKP listing on Huobi, however.

I think itā€™s a big step backwards for the community if a MEXC listing doesnā€™t happen. Put the PIP forward as drafted, and get the communityā€™s true feel for the PIP. The majority of the community doesnā€™t frequent this forum, only the same 9/10 of us.

3 Likes

letā€™s vote for the listing of mexc to increase the liquidity of DEX, I think we will get the majority of votes for this, not only the listing, it will show many users of the exchange that there is such a coin zkp

2 Likes

The main upside I see for listing on new Centralised exchanges like MEXC (keeping in mind Oliverā€™s opinion on volume) is drawing more community members to help with decentralisationā€¦this is in a way an indirect marketing for the future of the protocol and can help further bootstrap the MASPā€¦Decentralised exchanges ,although better for the volume, donā€™t seem to advertise new projects enough and ZKP will just end up being one of the many on their listā€¦also of course the fact that we donā€™t have a polygon based ZKP on CEXs

3 Likes

Renamed this PIP, to give priority to the staking UI bug fix.